The objective of Hispanic Motor Press Awards is to find a single motorcar
In selecting the winners the committee will use the following criteria:
• Design, comfort, safety, economy, handling, performance, functionality, environmental requirements, driver satisfaction and value.
• The purpose of the awards is to acclaim the most outstanding new vehicles in the United States to go on sale in the 12 months preceding the date of the title.
• Eligible vehicles must be all new models, (design changes to previous models, or installation of new engine or transmission do not qualify) and available to consumers in all states.
• The vehicle manufacturer is entitled to use the title and the distinctive Hispanic Motor Press Award for the year of the award.
• Members of jury for the Hispanic Motor Press Awards are selected for their personal competence, and not because of the importance of the publications they may represent. Members join the Jury at the invitation of the Jury Committee President, following recommendations from other national press organizations.